Friday, April 29, 2005

Paula

Paula Found “A Way Out”

My name is Paula. I worked in the topless night clubs for ten years of my life.

Ten years of misery and despair. I kept thinking that this is all I know how to do. I couldn’t possibly do any thing else. I began thinking…I’ll be in the club until I am fifty years old. Right then I started to pray and pray for six months. I began to feel this overwhelming feeling of being sorry for wasting all those years on foolishness and sin. I quit the club on June 15th, 1999 and never went back.

In May of this year I was at the library and on the way out at the library and on the way out, God said, pick up that Christian Banner Newspaper and I did. I opened it and read Carol Wiley’s article on page ten. “What Is Trauma? How Does It Affect One’s Life Choices?”

I ran to the McDonald’s pay phone to tell her how wonderful her article was and we talked for a while. She ended up treating me to lunch the next week. I started Bible Class that week and have enjoyed it so much. I’ve made life long friends there and I continue to read my Bible that “A Way Out” gave to me. I love God so much and Carol for truly helping me. If it weren’t for Carol I would not know God today.
I am so blessed.

My favorite scripture is Psalm 107: 14:15-16. “He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains. Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for men. For he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment